More dates/To Joan Ajala/Paste and marbles

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Wow, to see Australia, and teach! Only it's the opposite side of the
      globe, and terribly far away and terribly expensive and not really good
      to reach except by plane... ugh. Better forget it.
      Yes, most marblers try their hand at paste paper, and vice versa.
      Usually it's only one of the techniques that talks to you and therefore
      only one you can be really good at. Nevertheless they are two of a
      kind, "Two sides of the same medal" as we say in German. It's good to
      have made both under guidance of an experienced maker/teacher, and the
      same applies to paper making. Two days of paper making under John
      Gerard's meticulous guidance and gentle eyes have made such a
      difference to my approach, much more that I had expected. I don't think
      I'd have dared my deed of this morning otherwise - two patterns in two
      colours, one on four and the other on five different base papers, all
      50/70cm. Only 32 sheets, but I'm completely tired out.

      Well, autumn on this side (today the wet and windy and grey and cold
      kind), spring for you. Enjoy it!

      Susanne Krause