a new bibliography -NO EBRU article published 1943-1997 !

  • Oguzhan Tugrul
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2003
      around these parts of the globe ,
      they say :
      The needle unto yourself,
      then apply the packing needle unto others.

      (meaning if you do not get hurt with the needle,or if the pain is bearable,
      then use stronger means to hurt others,
      but it is usually meant as an invitation to think before taking action !
      in wanting to hurt others.)

      A while ago ,Mr.Yavuz Tiryaki an art historian,gave me his last work,
      Bibliography of articles on Turkish and Islamic Art between 1943-1997.
      Published by Sozen Yayinevi Istanbul.

      (Mr.Tiryaki has another book on Turkish Marbling Arts,by the same publisher,
      through Nelle I tried to forward this book to Ms.Palowoda some years ago)

      Mr.tiryaki's work is an immense feat in itself as it does not cover published books.

      I noticed what is disgrace to me in the name of Turkish Ebru Marbling,
      that not one single article has been published by the Turks ( I am one ) on Ebru in the researched span of time.
      Considering Mr.Tiryaki and spouse are both marblers,
      I called him and made certain,that no article has been published.

      What a shame ,despite the global efforts of some of our acquaintances,
      introducing Ebru Art in international gatherings,conferences,workshops...

      I personally have shed the responsibilty of this,
      in 1997 I asked Hikmet barutcu to publish an Ebru news bulletin,
      and that I would help ,
      because at that time Ink and Gall had been no more,
      and the Global Marbling community
      getting smaller each day through WWW,
      needed some publication to satiate their thirst !

      Years ago when I watched Yellow Submarine,
      there were some turtle characters with Fes on their heads !
      At the time I had thought of Turtle Turks as an insult,
      and was annoyed for some time.

      Today with lack of published article on Ebru art,
      it has become a compliment.
      So I wonder how my Turkish Ebru community will swallow this,
      let us come to the systematic approach ,
      if there is a cause in Ebru ,

      Let us applaud :
      Ms.Marie Palowoda and Jake Benson
      who are accumulative,constructive,
      and will enlighten the Marbling World with their efforts.

      before I sail from the Sea Of Marmara (Marbling !)
      into the Potomac and Anacostia waters.....