Newbie/Suminagashi ink alternatives?

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      Hi everyone - just found this group and it looks great.

      I'm a newbie who took a Suminagashi class last year and now I want to
      try it at home. I used to live in Chicago where I could get just
      about anything I wanted, but now I'm in Cleveland and having trouble
      finding supplies. Is there something else I can use instead of Boku-
      Undo? I read somewhere that I could use just fountain pen ink, which
      I have quite a bit of, but I thought I'd post here to find out your
      thoughts. I do have a bottle of Photo-Flo. I've seen a few sites
      where I can obtain Boku-Undo, but I'd also rather hold off until I
      see whether I can just use what I have and make sure I want to keep
      going with Suminagashi.

      Thanks all - looking forward to getting started again and also
      reading more good messages.

      Michelle Gilbert