Introduction marbling groups

  • gretchen vansant
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2003
      Hello Fellow Marbler's!, My name Is Gretchen I live in The Bay Area In central California. I was a "block" tye -dyer in the late 60s.About five years ago I took up Fabric Marbling after seeing a great VHS tape buy some gals in South Carolina (which I found in a local library) I am now "HOOKED" on marbling. I never in a million years would think ,there's this whole community of marbler's around the world.Heck ,its an ancient art I know,but even still today! I,ve been doing this as therapy, just reading a few books and...experimenting,experimenting,experimenting. So as my "waitress feet" crumble in age I,m hoping that maybe my art could help with expenses in living. My FIRST showing is at the "SISTERS HARVEST FESTIVAL" in Sisters Oregon Oct 11th and 12th.Although I,ve never done paper I,m hoping I can still be a part of this group.Please check out my site(my sister did a great job) http://home.earthlink.net/~marbledfabrics/index.html In regards to
      allergies...Remember all chemicals can be dangerous...although I don,t wear gloves...wear a mask, and don,t breath when mixing.LOL Peace Gretchen Vansant of"VANSANT DESIGNS"