Re: [Marbling] alum/allergies

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2003
      I think the idea for the alum for the feet--is an ancient medical
      treatment--and in modern footcare--I have never seen it used. Probably--it
      was a short term treatment for fungus. As an antiseptic--unless it is
      disguised by some trade name--I have not seen it used either--but--bottles
      of it are still sold here--in the pharmacies--advocating it as an
      antiseptic. No doubt peroxide and savlon are more commonly used.
      Jill
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2003
        I have seen it used/prescribed in recent years.....right in my own house!

        iris nevins