Re: Marblers in UK/To Patty

  • sixshort
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2003
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "hamburgerbuntpapier_de"
      <hamburgerbuntpapier@t...> wrote:
      > Hi Patty,
      > the only English professional marbler I know personally is Victoria
      > Hall in Norwich, she's fabulous!
      > Susanne Krause

      Hi Patty, With a little research you can find a number of
      professional marblers in England. Falkiners Fine Papers in
      Southhampton Row, near Russell Square, London, stocks the papers of a
      number of marblers, including Ann Muir, Ms. Compton, Mr. Cambray, and
      the famous Kate Davis of Payhembury Marbled Papers, Scotland. Also,
      if you are ever in Edinburgh, you can visit J. Hewit & Sons, who
      stock marbled papers, mostly those of Ann Muir and Kate Davis I
      think. I understand that Victoria Hall does not sell through agents.

      By the way, greetings to those friends I made at the 2002 IMG. I
      would love to hear from any of you who have time to write. My
      postcode is 2483, not 2480 as shown on the address list from the
      gathering. I have been very busy with marbling orders since my
      return to Australia, trying to use some of the marvelous ideas and
      information I gathered in Gatlinburg. It is great to be able to hook
      into this website and hear what other marblers are doing.
      Happy marbling! Joan Ajala
      P.S. Has anyone else become allergic to marbling paints/oxgall/alum
      etc.? Whatever is causing it, I sneeze uncontrollably for some five
      minutes whenever I start uncovering or working with marbling
      constituents. It doesn't last, fortunately.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2003
        Yes...Victoria Hall is top notch!

        What's become of Sarah Amatt, another great marbler I think south of
        London.
        Iris Nevins
      • V. Wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2003
          The last I heard of Sarah Amatt was from Gloucestershire. I am not sure if
          she is still marbling.

          Vi W