Marblers in UK/To Patty

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2003
      Hi Patty,
      the only English professional marbler I know personally is Victoria
      Hall in Norwich, she's fabulous!
      Susanne Krause
    • sixshort
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2003
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "hamburgerbuntpapier_de"
        <hamburgerbuntpapier@t...> wrote:
        > Hi Patty,
        > the only English professional marbler I know personally is Victoria
        > Hall in Norwich, she's fabulous!
        > Susanne Krause

        Hi Patty, With a little research you can find a number of
        professional marblers in England. Falkiners Fine Papers in
        Southhampton Row, near Russell Square, London, stocks the papers of a
        number of marblers, including Ann Muir, Ms. Compton, Mr. Cambray, and
        the famous Kate Davis of Payhembury Marbled Papers, Scotland. Also,
        if you are ever in Edinburgh, you can visit J. Hewit & Sons, who
        stock marbled papers, mostly those of Ann Muir and Kate Davis I
        think. I understand that Victoria Hall does not sell through agents.

        By the way, greetings to those friends I made at the 2002 IMG. I
        would love to hear from any of you who have time to write. My
        postcode is 2483, not 2480 as shown on the address list from the
        gathering. I have been very busy with marbling orders since my
        return to Australia, trying to use some of the marvelous ideas and
        information I gathered in Gatlinburg. It is great to be able to hook
        into this website and hear what other marblers are doing.
        Happy marbling! Joan Ajala
        P.S. Has anyone else become allergic to marbling paints/oxgall/alum
        etc.? Whatever is causing it, I sneeze uncontrollably for some five
        minutes whenever I start uncovering or working with marbling
        constituents. It doesn't last, fortunately.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2003
          Yes...Victoria Hall is top notch!

          What's become of Sarah Amatt, another great marbler I think south of
          London.
          Iris Nevins
        • V. Wilson
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2003
            The last I heard of Sarah Amatt was from Gloucestershire. I am not sure if
            she is still marbling.

            Vi W