Re: [Marbling] transferring patterns

  • James M Mahoney
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2003
      Hello, Yehuda -
      Yes, I have not only thought of it, but I have marbled needlepoint
      canvases and, in fact, our daughter and I have a needlearts company,
      called "My Mother & I", which markets marbled counted thread fabrics.
      The majority of our designs are on needlepoint canvas and linen. Each
      item is hand marbled, so it is a very labor intensive process. At one
      point we had about 100 designs in our catalog, but my partner (our
      daughter) and her husband have had 3 boys, so she is quite busy with them
      right now. At this point, I am not currently very actively pursuing the
      marketing and I have dropped many of the designs, but it has been very
      successful. I have considered scanning the designs onto the fabric, but
      the result was not satisfactory to me. The items are available in two
      ways - either the marbled fabric only (and instructions if applicable to
      the item), or in a kit which contains everything necessary to complete
      the project (the fabric, threads, needles, embellishments and
      instructions).
      Monita Mahoney