RE: [Marbling] transferring patterns

  • Franklyn Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7 5:24 AM
      Hi Yehudah,

      What's the special paper that be ironed on to fabric and can be
      photocopied as well?

      Hope all is well with you and the family.

      Shelagh

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8 5:40 PM
        Hello, Yehuda -
        Yes, I have not only thought of it, but I have marbled needlepoint
        canvases and, in fact, our daughter and I have a needlearts company,
        called "My Mother & I", which markets marbled counted thread fabrics.
        The majority of our designs are on needlepoint canvas and linen. Each
        item is hand marbled, so it is a very labor intensive process. At one
        point we had about 100 designs in our catalog, but my partner (our
        daughter) and her husband have had 3 boys, so she is quite busy with them
        right now. At this point, I am not currently very actively pursuing the
        marketing and I have dropped many of the designs, but it has been very
        successful. I have considered scanning the designs onto the fabric, but
        the result was not satisfactory to me. The items are available in two
        ways - either the marbled fabric only (and instructions if applicable to
        the item), or in a kit which contains everything necessary to complete
        the project (the fabric, threads, needles, embellishments and
        instructions).
        Monita Mahoney