[Marbling] transferring patterns

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
      glad it worked! I figured the colored parts were a guideline for
      thread/yarn anyway.

      Iris Nevins
    • Franklyn Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
        Hi Yehudah,

        What's the special paper that be ironed on to fabric and can be
        photocopied as well?

        Hope all is well with you and the family.

        Shelagh

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2003
          Hello, Yehuda -
          Yes, I have not only thought of it, but I have marbled needlepoint
          canvases and, in fact, our daughter and I have a needlearts company,
          called "My Mother & I", which markets marbled counted thread fabrics.
          The majority of our designs are on needlepoint canvas and linen. Each
          item is hand marbled, so it is a very labor intensive process. At one
          point we had about 100 designs in our catalog, but my partner (our
          daughter) and her husband have had 3 boys, so she is quite busy with them
          right now. At this point, I am not currently very actively pursuing the
          marketing and I have dropped many of the designs, but it has been very
          successful. I have considered scanning the designs onto the fabric, but
          the result was not satisfactory to me. The items are available in two
          ways - either the marbled fabric only (and instructions if applicable to
          the item), or in a kit which contains everything necessary to complete
          the project (the fabric, threads, needles, embellishments and
          instructions).
          Monita Mahoney