transferring patterns

  • Maurene Fritz/Yehuda Miklaf
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
      I asked about transferring marbled patterns to cloth (in this case a piece
      of needlepoint canvas) and Iris suggested scanning it and printing it onto
      special paper that can be ironed onto fabric. It was very successful, and
      although the colours didn't come out so true, I'll be covering them with
      coloured thread anyway. Thanks, Iris.

      Have any of you commercial marblers thought of marbling canvases for sale?

      Regards,
      Yehuda Miklaf
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
        glad it worked! I figured the colored parts were a guideline for
        thread/yarn anyway.

        Iris Nevins
      • Franklyn Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
          Hi Yehudah,

          What's the special paper that be ironed on to fabric and can be
          photocopied as well?

          Hope all is well with you and the family.

          Shelagh

          I asked about transferring marbled patterns to cloth (in this case a
          piece of needlepoint canvas) and Iris suggested scanning it and printing
          it onto special paper that can be ironed onto fabric. It was very
          successful, and although the colours didn't come out so true, I'll be
          covering them with coloured thread anyway. Thanks, Iris.

          Have any of you commercial marblers thought of marbling canvases for
          sale?

          Regards,
          Yehuda Miklaf

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • James M Mahoney
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2003
            Hello, Yehuda -
            Yes, I have not only thought of it, but I have marbled needlepoint
            canvases and, in fact, our daughter and I have a needlearts company,
            called "My Mother & I", which markets marbled counted thread fabrics.
            The majority of our designs are on needlepoint canvas and linen. Each
            item is hand marbled, so it is a very labor intensive process. At one
            point we had about 100 designs in our catalog, but my partner (our
            daughter) and her husband have had 3 boys, so she is quite busy with them
            right now. At this point, I am not currently very actively pursuing the
            marketing and I have dropped many of the designs, but it has been very
            successful. I have considered scanning the designs onto the fabric, but
            the result was not satisfactory to me. The items are available in two
            ways - either the marbled fabric only (and instructions if applicable to
            the item), or in a kit which contains everything necessary to complete
            the project (the fabric, threads, needles, embellishments and
            instructions).
            Monita Mahoney