Re: [Marbling] My new web site is up

  • Geri Burgert
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
      Oops! Sorry for the blank message.
      Susa, I love your site! The explanation of fabric marbling is clear and
      straightforward. Very nice!
      Geri
    • Susa Glenn
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
        I will do my best to go back & research my research. I have it
        printed out & filed somewhere. I researched this on the internet and
        also used a couple of books I have and of course, what I said could
        have been wrong. I just did my best with what I could find. If you
        could point me to more accurate information, I will change the info
        I have on my site. Thanks for your input.

        Susa Glenn
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Feridun Ozgoren"
        <feridun.ozgoren@v...> wrote:

> [...]
        section of your website you wrote, "The ebru, or "cloud art" form of
        marbling appeared in Turkey and Persia and dates back hundreds of
        years to the 12th century. "
        > Whether Turkish or Persian in origin I am not aware of the
        existence of a marbled paper dating before the second half of the
        15th century. I would be very interested if you lead me to the
        source of this information.
        > Best wishes,
        > Feridun Ozgoren
        > -----

        Service.

      • Ellen's Essentials
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
          Hey Geri,

          Are you a soap maker? :-)

          Ellen
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 7, 2003
            Ellen ... (!!!)
            Yes, that's me---using your beautiful Peacock Colorants to marble soap. Wow,
            it's a small world! I'm flabbergasted ...
            Geri

            > Hey Geri,
            >
            > Are you a soap maker? :-)
          • Feridun Ozgoren
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003
              Dear Susa,
              Any serious book on the history of ebru will have information about the early examples of this art form. Richard Wolf, Phoebe, Easton, Nedim Sonmez are few names among many others. You can also confirm this with Jake Benson who studied this subject seriously. Internet is a very handy tool to find information in any subject but I would double check whether the information presented is correct or not. Once I read in a "marbling" website that marbling was invented in France in 18th century.
              Best wishes,
              Feridun Ozgoren

              <feridun.ozgoren@v...> wrote:

> [...]
              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Linda J. Kamholz
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 13, 2003
                Greetings!

                I'm offering paper marbling classes this Fall--as I have for many years.
                Visit my site for details.

                Bye for now
                Linda
                www.kamholz.net