Re: [Marbling] My new web site is up

  • Geri Burgert
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Susa Glenn" <sglenn@...>
      To: <Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 10:48 AM
      Subject: [Marbling] My new web site is up

      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > My web site is now up & functioning. Here is the address.
      >
      > www.artfabricstudio.com
      >
      > Susa Glenn

    • Geri Burgert
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
        Oops! Sorry for the blank message.
        Susa, I love your site! The explanation of fabric marbling is clear and
        straightforward. Very nice!
        Geri
      • Susa Glenn
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
          I will do my best to go back & research my research. I have it
          printed out & filed somewhere. I researched this on the internet and
          also used a couple of books I have and of course, what I said could
          have been wrong. I just did my best with what I could find. If you
          could point me to more accurate information, I will change the info
          I have on my site. Thanks for your input.

          Susa Glenn
          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Feridun Ozgoren"
          <feridun.ozgoren@v...> wrote:

> [...]
          section of your website you wrote, "The ebru, or "cloud art" form of
          marbling appeared in Turkey and Persia and dates back hundreds of
          years to the 12th century. "
          > Whether Turkish or Persian in origin I am not aware of the
          existence of a marbled paper dating before the second half of the
          15th century. I would be very interested if you lead me to the
          source of this information.
          > Best wishes,
          > Feridun Ozgoren
          > -----

          Service.

        • Ellen's Essentials
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
            Hey Geri,

            Are you a soap maker? :-)

            Ellen
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 7, 2003
              Ellen ... (!!!)
              Yes, that's me---using your beautiful Peacock Colorants to marble soap. Wow,
              it's a small world! I'm flabbergasted ...
              Geri

              > Hey Geri,
              >
              > Are you a soap maker? :-)
            • Feridun Ozgoren
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003
                Dear Susa,
                Any serious book on the history of ebru will have information about the early examples of this art form. Richard Wolf, Phoebe, Easton, Nedim Sonmez are few names among many others. You can also confirm this with Jake Benson who studied this subject seriously. Internet is a very handy tool to find information in any subject but I would double check whether the information presented is correct or not. Once I read in a "marbling" website that marbling was invented in France in 18th century.
                Best wishes,
                Feridun Ozgoren

                <feridun.ozgoren@v...> wrote:

> [...]
                Service.

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Linda J. Kamholz
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 13, 2003
                  Greetings!

                  I'm offering paper marbling classes this Fall--as I have for many years.
                  Visit my site for details.

                  Bye for now
                  Linda
                  www.kamholz.net