My new web site is up

  • Susa Glenn
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
      Hi everybody,

      My web site is now up & functioning. Here is the address.

      www.artfabricstudio.com

      Susa Glenn
    • Geri Burgert
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
        > My web site is now up & functioning. Here is the address.
        >
        > www.artfabricstudio.com
        >
        > Susa Glenn

      • Geri Burgert
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
          Oops! Sorry for the blank message.
          Susa, I love your site! The explanation of fabric marbling is clear and
          straightforward. Very nice!
          Geri
        • Susa Glenn
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
            I will do my best to go back & research my research. I have it
            printed out & filed somewhere. I researched this on the internet and
            also used a couple of books I have and of course, what I said could
            have been wrong. I just did my best with what I could find. If you
            could point me to more accurate information, I will change the info
            I have on my site. Thanks for your input.

            Susa Glenn
            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Feridun Ozgoren"
            <feridun.ozgoren@v...> wrote:

> [...]
            section of your website you wrote, "The ebru, or "cloud art" form of
            marbling appeared in Turkey and Persia and dates back hundreds of
            years to the 12th century. "
            > Whether Turkish or Persian in origin I am not aware of the
            existence of a marbled paper dating before the second half of the
            15th century. I would be very interested if you lead me to the
            source of this information.
            > Best wishes,
            > Feridun Ozgoren
            > -----

            Service.

          • Feridun Ozgoren
              My web site is now up & functioning. Here is the address.

              www.artfabricstudio.com

              Susa Glenn

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Ellen's Essentials
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
                Hey Geri,

                Are you a soap maker? :-)

                Ellen
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 7, 2003
                  Ellen ... (!!!)
                  Yes, that's me---using your beautiful Peacock Colorants to marble soap. Wow,
                  it's a small world! I'm flabbergasted ...
                  Geri

                  > Hey Geri,
                  >
                  > Are you a soap maker? :-)
                • Feridun Ozgoren
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003
                    Dear Susa,
                    Any serious book on the history of ebru will have information about the early examples of this art form. Richard Wolf, Phoebe, Easton, Nedim Sonmez are few names among many others. You can also confirm this with Jake Benson who studied this subject seriously. Internet is a very handy tool to find information in any subject but I would double check whether the information presented is correct or not. Once I read in a "marbling" website that marbling was invented in France in 18th century.
                    Best wishes,
                    Feridun Ozgoren

                    <feridun.ozgoren@v...> wrote:

> [...]
                    Service.

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Linda J. Kamholz
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 13, 2003
                      Greetings!

                      I'm offering paper marbling classes this Fall--as I have for many years.
                      Visit my site for details.

                      Bye for now
                      Linda
                      www.kamholz.net