Re: A few words about my ArtNewsletter Nr. 0

  • susaglenn
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
      Hi,
      If you sent your news letter to me, my internet provider's rabid
      spam detector could have automatically sent you a somewhat rude
      response letter telling you that your e-mail was turned away by
      their spam detector. Sorry about that if it happened.

      It seems that the only things that their spam detector lets through
      are the truly offensive spam items; all others are turned away
      including inquiries from my potential customers. It drives me crazy.
      I turned the thing off, but they keep changing the setting on me &
      reactivating it. I check the list of spam that they have turned away
      on a daily basis, but the list is sooooo extensive that I could have
      overlooked your art news letter and I would have liked to have seen
      it.

      Anyway, my point is that those response letters that you received
      could have been generated by machine, not people. Your subject line
      needs to be crystal clear regarding what you are sending (say
      something about MARBLING if possible) so that the recipients will
      know that they want to open your e-mail. I will go to your site &
      email you my other e-mail address. Just don't pass it out to anybody.

      Susa Glenn

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Alain Valet" <alainvalet@w...>
      wrote:
      > A few days ago, I sent an e-mail to some artists from this list
      and
      > from others lists, containing four samples of my artworks and the
      > intro to an ArtNewsletter I intended to send them regularly. At
      the
      > end of the message, if people weren't interested in receiving this
      > newsletter, they were invited to reply me with "Remove" as subject
      > line. Indeed some asked to be
      > removed, but sincerely, not many, not as many as the positive
      answers
      > I received, even from people I haven't in my mailing list, which
      was
      > a really good surprise for me. I've received messages of
      > encouragement,telling it was a great way to keep contact, some of
      > them proposed me collaborations, etc.
      > Nevertheless, it seems I've offended some people by sending them
      this
      > artistic e-mail without asking their permission. It wasn't my
      > intention. My intention was clearly defined in the introduction
      sent
      > to everybody: keeping a permanent artistic contact with all those
      > artists and artistic companies I was in contact with from time to
      > time. And also connecting them,which is, I think, not so bad.
      > But I accept and respect everyone's way of reacting to the
      Newsletter

    • mikeksf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
        It was a wonderful site and I'm very pleased top receive it. Michael

      • Gail MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2003
          I have been away and missed all of the past postings. I think Alain¹s work
          to be very interesting. Even better would be an explanation of how it¹s
          done!! (smileys here!!) Best wishes, Gail

        • Anne Cheney
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2003
            I either cannot locate the info on the Art Newsletter or mistakenly deleted it.

            Please send it to me.

            Annieeeeeeee

            Anne Cheney
            Houston. Texas
            U S A

            acheney@...
            It was a wonderful site and I'm very pleased top receive it. Michael

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor