A few words about my ArtNewsletter Nr. 0

  • Alain Valet
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
      A few days ago, I sent an e-mail to some artists from this list and
      from others lists, containing four samples of my artworks and the
      intro to an ArtNewsletter I intended to send them regularly. At the
      end of the message, if people weren't interested in receiving this
      newsletter, they were invited to reply me with "Remove" as subject
      line. Indeed some asked to be
      removed, but sincerely, not many, not as many as the positive answers
      I received, even from people I haven't in my mailing list, which was
      a really good surprise for me. I've received messages of
      encouragement,telling it was a great way to keep contact, some of
      them proposed me collaborations, etc.
      Nevertheless, it seems I've offended some people by sending them this
      artistic e-mail without asking their permission. It wasn't my
      intention. My intention was clearly defined in the introduction sent
      to everybody: keeping a permanent artistic contact with all those
      artists and artistic companies I was in contact with from time to
      time. And also connecting them,which is, I think, not so bad.
      But I accept and respect everyone's way of reacting to the Newsletter
      I've sent. I apologize to people I offended. I invite everybody who
      wants to receive my ArtNewsletter to e-mail me in order I can keep
      their address for my next mailing. So, I will only send this
      Newsletter to the people interested in receiving them.

      Alain Valet
      http://www.magikglasses.com/aez/alainswf.html
    • susaglenn
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
        Hi,
        If you sent your news letter to me, my internet provider's rabid
        spam detector could have automatically sent you a somewhat rude
        response letter telling you that your e-mail was turned away by
        their spam detector. Sorry about that if it happened.

        It seems that the only things that their spam detector lets through
        are the truly offensive spam items; all others are turned away
        including inquiries from my potential customers. It drives me crazy.
        I turned the thing off, but they keep changing the setting on me &
        reactivating it. I check the list of spam that they have turned away
        on a daily basis, but the list is sooooo extensive that I could have
        overlooked your art news letter and I would have liked to have seen
        it.

        Anyway, my point is that those response letters that you received
        could have been generated by machine, not people. Your subject line
        needs to be crystal clear regarding what you are sending (say
        something about MARBLING if possible) so that the recipients will
        know that they want to open your e-mail. I will go to your site &
        email you my other e-mail address. Just don't pass it out to anybody.

        Susa Glenn

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Alain Valet" <alainvalet@w...>

      • mikeksf@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
          It was a wonderful site and I'm very pleased top receive it. Michael

        • Gail MacKenzie
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2003
            I have been away and missed all of the past postings. I think Alain¹s work
            to be very interesting. Even better would be an explanation of how it¹s
            done!! (smileys here!!) Best wishes, Gail

          • Anne Cheney
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2003
              I either cannot locate the info on the Art Newsletter or mistakenly deleted it.

              Please send it to me.

              Annieeeeeeee

              Anne Cheney
              Houston. Texas
              U S A

              acheney@...
              It was a wonderful site and I'm very pleased top receive it. Michael

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor