pricing marbled art

  • IrisNevins
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2003
      OK....big question here......I am curious about how those of you who are
      "marbling artists" as opposed to human marbling machines like myself, price
      your artwork.

      I have been offered and accepted to do a one person show/sale at our local
      college in the Fall/Winter. I have lots of flower paintings, which are
      fairly simple to produce, but have some stenciled ones and collages as
      well. I would like to sell a lot of them if possible, but don't want to
      price too high or too low. I am told too low scares people off more than
      too high!

      Just wondered what price ranges you use, and these will be framed pieces,
      all of them, so would be adding about $20.00 each average.

      Also Gallery experiences appreciated.....what to look out for, horror
      stories appreciated too! I will deliver the pieces (hope to hit 100 of
      them!) so no shipping woes at least.

      Shall post the dates and some of the pieces to be exhibited on my website
      in a month or so. I think the dates are 11/7-12/15, not sure yet. A talk
      will be included on opening night. Would love if some of you within driving
      distance of Sussex County, NJ can drop by.

      Thanks,
      iris Nevins