Carrageenan in Europe??

  • Gozde Avci
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2003
      Hello,
      Could anyone help me baout where I can find
      carrageenan to buy in Europe?? (especially in France)
      Thank you,
      Gozde

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Angela Drake
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2003
        I learned how to marble while in Europe and the person who taught me
        used powdered wallpaper paste instead of carrageenan. It is
        inexpensive and easy to find in Germany and in France. You mix it
        with cold water using a whisk and add as much water as needed for the
        size. If you are in France, it is available at Cora but I am sure
        that any store carrying hardware supplies would have it. the brand I
        bought came in a yellow box with purple letters (sorry I can't
        remember the name). As with carrageenan, results vary depending on
        the weather, temperature, etc. but generally I had good control over
        my patterns. The size does work better the longer it is used. You
        should mix this size the night before you plan to use it.

        I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but I hope it helps.

        Angie