marbling in TN

  • catdaddytn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2003
      Hello, I am excited - tomorrow starts a week-long marbling class at
      the Appalachian Center for Crafts in Smithville, TN taught by Nancy
      Lawrence. I was able to get registered. I'm a bit nervous since I'm
      really just a beginner. I will give you updates, as I can.

      Cynthia
      catdaddytn
    • Steve Bryant
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2003
        Hello, Sorry that I didn't get to update you on the marbling class until now. It was allot of fun - I learned so much. Nancy is a great instructor and my classmates were fun. There were 7 students, so the small size was nice.

        We marbled like crazy. Several students brought interesting items to marble -- tree bark, all kinds of cardboard pieces, corks, beads and more. One student had 15 years of marbling experience. Others had taken a class before from Nancy. My experience was limited, but everyone helped each other.

        We used metallic paints which looked great on black paper and green paper. We used several patterns and free form style. We saw slides from the marblers gathering.

        I plan to marble more at home and eventually want to work on cloth. Does anyone know of a weekend workshop for marbling on cloth?

        We made some books and boxes, along with gift bags, with our marbled paper, including a star book. The possibilities are endless.

        Over the next couple of weeks, I'll try to get some pictures on the marbling "group."

        Cynthia
        Hello, I am excited - tomorrow starts a week-long marbling class at
        the Appalachian Center for Crafts in Smithville, TN taught by Nancy
        Lawrence. I was able to get registered. I'm a bit nervous since I'm
        really just a beginner. I will give you updates, as I can.

        Cynthia
        catdaddytn

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor