Re: [Marbling] laying fabric on size without help of another person

  • Guffey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      Angie,

      Here is a rather simple method to do long scarfs. Cut some bamboo skewers
      slightly longer that the width of the scarf and make pointed ends. Bend the
      bamboo and insert on the two corners of the ends of the scarf. The scarfs I
      used were all pre-hemmed, so the point fit quite nicely in the hemed area.
      The two ends of the scarf are now taught and you can lift up (holding onto
      the bamboo skewers) the entire scarf above the tank in a u-shape. Let the
      center of the scarf touch the surface first and then gently lower the two
      ends simultaneously.

      Happy Marbling...

      d. guffey