[Marbling] Re: transferring patterns

  • IrisNevins
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
      Yehuda .....simple....I believe.

      Scan it, then print on a good photo printer onto iron on transfer paper.
      Then iron on fabric! Simple. I have done this on tee-shirts and other
      clothing. It does get that iron on rubbery like texture a bit, but that
      would be covered by the embroidery.

      Iris Nevins
    • Maurene Fritz/Yehuda Miklaf
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
        I asked about transferring marbled patterns to cloth (in this case a piece
        of needlepoint canvas) and Iris suggested scanning it and printing it onto
        special paper that can be ironed onto fabric. It was very successful, and
        although the colours didn't come out so true, I'll be covering them with
        coloured thread anyway. Thanks, Iris.

        Have any of you commercial marblers thought of marbling canvases for sale?

        Regards,
        Yehuda Miklaf
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
          glad it worked! I figured the colored parts were a guideline for
          thread/yarn anyway.

          Iris Nevins
        • Franklyn Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
            Hi Yehudah,

            What's the special paper that be ironed on to fabric and can be
            photocopied as well?

            Hope all is well with you and the family.

            Shelagh

            I asked about transferring marbled patterns to cloth (in this case a
            piece of needlepoint canvas) and Iris suggested scanning it and printing
            it onto special paper that can be ironed onto fabric. It was very
            successful, and although the colours didn't come out so true, I'll be
            covering them with coloured thread anyway. Thanks, Iris.

            Have any of you commercial marblers thought of marbling canvases for
            sale?

            Regards,
            Yehuda Miklaf

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • James M Mahoney
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2003
              Hello, Yehuda -
              Yes, I have not only thought of it, but I have marbled needlepoint
              canvases and, in fact, our daughter and I have a needlearts company,
              called "My Mother & I", which markets marbled counted thread fabrics.
              The majority of our designs are on needlepoint canvas and linen. Each
              item is hand marbled, so it is a very labor intensive process. At one
              point we had about 100 designs in our catalog, but my partner (our
              daughter) and her husband have had 3 boys, so she is quite busy with them
              right now. At this point, I am not currently very actively pursuing the
              marketing and I have dropped many of the designs, but it has been very
              successful. I have considered scanning the designs onto the fabric, but
              the result was not satisfactory to me. The items are available in two
              ways - either the marbled fabric only (and instructions if applicable to
              the item), or in a kit which contains everything necessary to complete
              the project (the fabric, threads, needles, embellishments and
              instructions).
              Monita Mahoney