laying fabric on size without help of another person

  • Angela Drake
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2003
      I have marbled several times but most often with friends so I have
      had help to lay the fabric on the size. I'm looking for a
      consistently good method when working by myself. I have used paper
      clips and balsa wood but that leaves clip marks on the edges of the
      fabric. I would like to start marbling long silk scarfs and don't
      want any flaws. Any ideas?

      Thanks, Angie
    • Guffey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
        Angie,

        Here is a rather simple method to do long scarfs. Cut some bamboo skewers
        slightly longer that the width of the scarf and make pointed ends. Bend the
        bamboo and insert on the two corners of the ends of the scarf. The scarfs I
        used were all pre-hemmed, so the point fit quite nicely in the hemed area.
        The two ends of the scarf are now taught and you can lift up (holding onto
        the bamboo skewers) the entire scarf above the tank in a u-shape. Let the
        center of the scarf touch the surface first and then gently lower the two
        ends simultaneously.

        Happy Marbling...

        d. guffey