[Marbling] Carageenan

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2003
      Viscarin GP 209, non food grade is what FMC Corp calls it, but in a shop or
      from marbling supplier just called marbling carrageenan. Store clerks won't
      know about the GP209 names. You cannot order small amounts, must be 55
      pound or kilos, minimum, better to order it by the pound or find a store
      that sells it.

      Iris Nevins
    • Fong Wee Kim
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
        Hi all,

        I still have alum left over around 30kg. I got it at around US$1 per kg.
        Please email me if you want it. I am from Singapore and the shipping to
        US for 5kg alum is US$42 (inclusive of alum). For those in Singapore,
        email me and we can arrange to meet somewhere to get it.

        Anyway I am able to get lambda carageenan at US$20 per kg which is ½
        price of what shops are selling. However the catch is that I need to buy
        25kg. Thus if I hope I can get enough people to share it. Its food-grade
        and is from CP Kelco. Anyone interested, let me know too.

        Regards,
        Wee Kim