[Marbling] Ox gall

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2003
      That separates the real marblers from the rest, eh? LOL!!! I actually
      stopped noticing the smell ages ago. I once spilled a little and one of my
      dogs started rolling her head in it.....you know, a little dab behind the
      ears and on the neck......the boy dogs went nuts for her! No kidding! Eau
      de Gall.

      irisnevins

      >My friend Annegret once went to a butcher and got some ox gall. We knew
      nothing about preserving it or straining it. I had the bottle in my studio
      for some time, and once when giving a little tour, I talked about marbling
      and mentioned ox gall. Someone asked about it, so I opened the bottle and
      held it for her to sniff. She shiffed, paused, and then said to me:
      "Yehuda,
      that's the worst thing anyone has ever done to me in my entire life!"

      Yehuda Miklaf<
    • Maurene Fritz/Yehuda Miklaf