Re: [Marbling] Cream

  • dkmaurer1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 8, 2003
      What's this about cream? I think Bailey's Irish Cream would be best. It
      goes in the marbler, not in the marbling tray....I remember someone
      mentioning playing with shaving cream many years ago way back at the San
      Franciso marbling convention.

      Re: Paul. He tried lots of different sizes, but not SC. He did use okra
      once. This is the best use I can think of for the plant, but it was not great
      for marbling. He added all sorts of cosmetics and creams for various
      ailments to paints to make the colors do wierd things like segment or
      reticulate. His greatest, wierdest art experiment was to collect all the dead
      flies from our outdoor light fixtures, pull out their eyes and add it to a
      batch of pulp to make "sparkly paper!"

      He no longer marbles or stalks flies, and is now concentrating on painting
      instead. BTW, it is flattering to know that my $19.95 Marbling book is now
      collectible at $35, but The Ultimate Marbling Handbook at $24.95 is much
      better. It shows more art by great American and international marblers and
      also shows Chris Weimann at work on his fabulous marbling with resists and
      stencils. Lots of wierd stuff here, too, like Paul's shoe polish marbling and
      Susan Pogany's marbling using silicone spray and hairspray over floating
      colors.Heck, you could use all sorts of contaminents on top of the shaving
      cream.......

      Best regards to all,
      Diane
      www.dianemaurer.com