Re: [Marbling] Re: sunspot

  • Maria Vernersson
    Message 1 of 13 , May 8, 2003
      It seems as if "my" potash is K2CO3 (small 2, small 3). Haven't even tried
      it yet, as I said, but I will give it a go although it's not the right
      thing.
      By the way, I love your sunspots but isn't the black supposed to be in the
      "pupil" of the "eye"??

      (Galen, you look FAN-TAS-TIC!)

      love
      maria
    • IrisNevins
      Message 2 of 13 , May 8, 2003
        Mine gets mainly to the center, then has lots of eyelashes! LOL!
        Iris
      • Gail MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 13 , May 8, 2003

        • dkmaurer1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , May 8, 2003
            What's this about cream? I think Bailey's Irish Cream would be best. It
            goes in the marbler, not in the marbling tray....I remember someone
            mentioning playing with shaving cream many years ago way back at the San
            Franciso marbling convention.

            Re: Paul. He tried lots of different sizes, but not SC. He did use okra
            once. This is the best use I can think of for the plant, but it was not great
            for marbling. He added all sorts of cosmetics and creams for various
            ailments to paints to make the colors do wierd things like segment or
            reticulate. His greatest, wierdest art experiment was to collect all the dead
            flies from our outdoor light fixtures, pull out their eyes and add it to a
            batch of pulp to make "sparkly paper!"

            He no longer marbles or stalks flies, and is now concentrating on painting
            instead. BTW, it is flattering to know that my $19.95 Marbling book is now
            collectible at $35, but The Ultimate Marbling Handbook at $24.95 is much
            better. It shows more art by great American and international marblers and
            also shows Chris Weimann at work on his fabulous marbling with resists and
            stencils. Lots of wierd stuff here, too, like Paul's shoe polish marbling and
            Susan Pogany's marbling using silicone spray and hairspray over floating
            colors.Heck, you could use all sorts of contaminents on top of the shaving
            cream.......

            Best regards to all,
            Diane
            www.dianemaurer.com