Re: [Marbling] sunspot

    Message 1 of 13 , May 8 5:13 AM
      I will see the shaving cream experiment....running the same time as my
      class. I don't know how he does it, haven't looked into it, but i would
      think....if you sprayed it quickly on water (I would think the soap would
      ruin size) and as it started disappearing, quickly lay the paper you might
      get some really soft cloud effects. Just a guess, we will see. Maybe same
      for whipped cream?

      Diane are you out there....? Remember some of the weird stuff Paul Maurer
      used years ago. I won't say. Will leave that up to you and/or Paul!
      Paul....do you check in here?

      Iris Nevins
    • Maria Vernersson
      Message 2 of 13 , May 8 8:01 AM
        It seems as if "my" potash is K2CO3 (small 2, small 3). Haven't even tried
        it yet, as I said, but I will give it a go although it's not the right
        thing.
        By the way, I love your sunspots but isn't the black supposed to be in the
        "pupil" of the "eye"??

        (Galen, you look FAN-TAS-TIC!)

        love
        maria
      • IrisNevins
        Message 3 of 13 , May 8 9:59 AM
          Mine gets mainly to the center, then has lots of eyelashes! LOL!
          Iris
        • Gail MacKenzie
          Message 4 of 13 , May 8 12:53 PM

          • dkmaurer1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , May 8 2:31 PM
              What's this about cream? I think Bailey's Irish Cream would be best. It
              goes in the marbler, not in the marbling tray....I remember someone
              mentioning playing with shaving cream many years ago way back at the San
              Franciso marbling convention.

              Re: Paul. He tried lots of different sizes, but not SC. He did use okra
              once. This is the best use I can think of for the plant, but it was not great
              for marbling. He added all sorts of cosmetics and creams for various
              ailments to paints to make the colors do wierd things like segment or
              reticulate. His greatest, wierdest art experiment was to collect all the dead
              flies from our outdoor light fixtures, pull out their eyes and add it to a
              batch of pulp to make "sparkly paper!"

              He no longer marbles or stalks flies, and is now concentrating on painting
              instead. BTW, it is flattering to know that my $19.95 Marbling book is now
              collectible at $35, but The Ultimate Marbling Handbook at $24.95 is much
              better. It shows more art by great American and international marblers and
              also shows Chris Weimann at work on his fabulous marbling with resists and
              stencils. Lots of wierd stuff here, too, like Paul's shoe polish marbling and
              Susan Pogany's marbling using silicone spray and hairspray over floating
              colors.Heck, you could use all sorts of contaminents on top of the shaving
              cream.......

              Best regards to all,
              Diane
              www.dianemaurer.com