RE: [Marbling] Digest Number 553

  • Carol Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2003
      -----Original Message-----
      From: irisnevins [mailto:IrisNevins@...]
      Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 6:56 AM
      To: INTERNET:Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 553

      I am not sure what exactly the shaving cream process is, but suspect you
      get some pretty nice gradations of color on the fabrics as the shaving
      cream dries/evaporates, though when he "marbles" with it I am not sure
      whether he uses it on a bath, in which case it would be more proper
      marbling or sorts. I will see if there is a link to some pix from Peters
      valley.

      As I recall back in the *old days* Paul Maurer used some
      pretty....ahem....interesting materials to marble with.....some of you
      know
      what I mean...Diane, should we say??? I know one of the lesser strange
      additives was shoe polish? Or does memory fail me, I know he tried some
      odd
      things with interesting results. Personally I'd love to see the shaving
      cream dye process.....I will be seeing it in June I expect and will let
      you
      know.

      IrisNevins

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
      785837:HM/A=1554463/R=4/id=noscript/*http:/shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/
      clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egrou
      pweb/S=1705785837:HM/A=1554463/R=5/1051876583+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rm
      i/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/f
      reevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECgif>

      <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/mday_300x250_vase_20
      k.gif>

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egrou
      pmail/S=:HM/A=1554463/rand=201345849>