Re: Digest Number 553

  • Sue Walters
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2003
      I really look forward to hearing about that Iris.
      I'm thinking it might be interesting to try. In some cases I'd like
      to get a really deep penetration into the surface of my work and was
      wondering if this type of thing may work....allowing the material to
      stay submerged/coated in pigment for a longer length of time.
      I'd be really interested in any links or info you can throw out
      there about it.
      Thanks,
      Sue:)
    • Carol Scott
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2003
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2003
          Hello, I'm glad to see artists who are willing to try things that are out of the typical which from what I've read is part of the marbling process.

          In the last several months, I've read a considerable amount about marbling. One of the websites that I stumbled on a couple of months ago: www.serve.com/marbeth/shaving_cream.html

          I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds easy enough.

          Last weekend, I enjoyed working with a trial marbling experience using liquid starch. It was fun, of course, I don't have much experience with marbling. I used a 2" x 3 " plastic container and went crazy. I started using small bits of paper because I ran out and didn't want to leave. A friend and co-worker gave me an idea for using the small pieces of paper - to make a collage. Good idea, but I don't know yet what to do. Has anyone done any collage work with marbled paper? I suppose this could be an abstract work or maybe in a specific design.

          thanks. Cynthia