Shadow Marbling

  • Guffey
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2003
      Could this possibly be another term for "over marbling" or "ghost marbling"?
      These terms refer to the use of marbling over a previously marbled piece of
      paper. One very nice effect of "over marbling" is to do a stone pattern
      over a combed pattern. The first piece must be completely dried and
      re-alumned before marbling the second pattern on top of the first.

      Just a thought, I've never seen the term "shadow marbling"

      d. guffey

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2003
        In a message dated 4/7/03 8:53:40 PM, dguff@... writes:

        << One very nice effect of "over marbling" is to do a stone pattern

        over a combed pattern. The first piece must be completely dried and

        re-alumned before marbling the second pattern on top of the first.

        Hi, All,
        Thank you! I guessed as much. The photo of the garment did not show any
        detail of the fabric. I once spent some time tracking down "potato chip"
        quilting - turned out it was the English paper piecing that has been around
        for at least decades!
        "A rose by any other name..."
        Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis