How To Manuals

  • Oak Knoll Books
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 1:31 PM
      might be useful to post a catalogue of the various How-To manuals available
      at Oak Knoll.

      I am a hands-on type of person and realize the value of manuals in the
      growth of the book arts; sitting on our shelves they can't teach new people
      the book arts or new techniques to experienced people. As many of these are
      less expensive titles they often get lost in our larger catalogues.

      We decided to try a new approach to make these manuals more available. We
      have compiled an electronic format only catalogue composed of just how-to
      manuals for the various book arts. The different sections of the catalogue
      cover Design, Illustration, Bookbinding, Calligraphy, Papermaking (includes
      Marbling), Printing, and Typography. Once in a section you can visit the
      other sections if interested and there is a link at the top of the page for
      ordering. The books listed are both new and previously owned so some are
      subject to prior sale. So here is the link to Papermaking/Marbling:

      http://www.oakknoll.com/catalogues/manuals/papermaking.html

      Sincerely,
      John Laird
      Director of Library Sales