Carageen/Carageenan/Irish Moss

  • gburgert <gburgert@optonline.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      Hello to you all! I am a beginner at marbling and hope to learn a lot
      about this beautiful art.

      I was hoping you could help me sort out some confusion: Is the
      culinary form of Irish moss (powdered) the same as carageen for
      marbling? I am starting to become dizzy with all the information I'm
      finding on the plant Chondrus crispus!

      Thanks,
      Geri
    • IrisNevins
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
        There are many different grades. I use, and believe others do....a non food
        grade called ViscarinGP209....though you will never find that on the
        shelves. basically marbling suppliers sell it.