Re: Call for Discussion: Formation of the Society of Marbling

  • Jake Benson <jemiljan@worldnet.att.net>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2003
      Thanks for relating that Ann,

      Any commments on this process are very welcome. Just to quickly respond-
      we are unsure just which state to incorporate in at this time. I have been
      advised that the Foundation Center in Washington may help to narrow the
      choices, though checking with the organizations you mentioned may help. It
      has also been advised that we avoid states with lots of bureaucracy and red
      tape- and ESPECIALLY Washington DC!

      I think that for now, developing a Mission Statement is a good starting point.
      That means thinking about what the various goals of the Society will be , and
      how to phrase it in a careful, succinct way. Those ideas will influence the
      Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws.

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Ann Lederer <alederer@y...> wrote:

      > Marie: I notice that you are in Colorado...are you aware that there are two
      organizations in Denver which can be of help in setting up a non-profit
      organization: the Community Resource Center and the Colorado Non-Profit
      Development Corporation. (I think that is the correct name). You might find
      them helpful. Ann (Lederer)