Call for Discussion: Formation of the Society of Marbling

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2003
      Greetings Everyone,

    • Ann Lederer
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2003
        Marie: I notice that you are in Colorado...are you aware that there are two organizations in Denver which can be of help in setting up a non-profit organization: the Community Resource Center and the Colorado Non-Profit Development Corporation. (I think that is the correct name). You might find them helpful. Ann (LEderer)
        Jake Benson <jemiljan@...> wrote:Greetings Everyone,

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2003
          Thanks for relating that Ann,

          Any commments on this process are very welcome. Just to quickly respond-
          we are unsure just which state to incorporate in at this time. I have been
          advised that the Foundation Center in Washington may help to narrow the
          choices, though checking with the organizations you mentioned may help. It
          has also been advised that we avoid states with lots of bureaucracy and red
          tape- and ESPECIALLY Washington DC!

          I think that for now, developing a Mission Statement is a good starting point.
          That means thinking about what the various goals of the Society will be , and
          how to phrase it in a careful, succinct way. Those ideas will influence the