[Marbling] grainy watercolours

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2003
      If it worked right before.....maybe the size needs a better cleaning? It
      may not affect all colors.Graininess usually due to not enough wetting
      agent, like alcohol. Try adding a few drops. Unfortunately the alcohol
      really needs to be added during the grind process, but this may help. You
      can use what you have on hand....rubbing alcohol is OK, not ideal, but
      might do the job.

      IrisNevins
    • V. Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2003
        I wouldn't be surprised if it were oxgall contamination on the surface of
        the size. Always skim thoroughly between each sheet. Not all gouache
        colours work in the marbling process. I have a big box of gouache colours
        that were unsatisfactory.
        Sometimes a little extra water in a colour will rectify it. A lot of trial
        and error.

        Vi W