RE: [Marbling] using stencils, and or multiple layers

  • Ann Lederer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6 8:53 AM
      Sandy: how do you remove the rubber cement? and I presume when you use the freezer paper you cut out the shape and then iron it on, correct? and iron after to remove the wax? thanks, Ann
      sandy <sandy@...> wrote:
      Try rubber cement or a trick that quilters use. Iron the plastic side of
      freezer paper (found in your local grociery store) to your sheet and
      peel it off after marbling

      sandy
      Fremont, Ca

      Longing for more control I was experimenting with cutting my own
      stencils out of
      printer paper and gluing them onto the sheet before it is
      marbled
      Does anyone have any suggestions about glue mixtures that
      would hold to the surface enough to get straight lines, but weak
      enough so I could eventually take the stencil off

    • sandy
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6 4:59 PM
        Hi Ann,

        I took a class with Galen Berry and he used something that now that I
        have reread my notes is not rubber cement but "Liquid Frisket". Do a
        search on
        Google and see what comes up.
        As to the freezer paper it has no wax. There is a very thin plastic
        coating on one side of the paper that when ironed to paper or fabric
        sticks lightly. It peels off very easily. Just don't touch your iron to
        the plastic side or you could ruin your iron. And again yes, you cut the
        freezer paper in the shape you want and iron it to whatever you are
        marbling.

        sandy
        Fremont, Ca