Re: Disposing Methylcel size

  • susaglenn <sglenn@ctesc.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "manihunt <manihunt@y...>"
      <manihunt@y...> wrote:
      > How do you dispose of the methylcel size?

      Hi, I am using a tray that holds about 9 gallons of methylcel & I'm
      using acrylic paints. I skim off the glop that has a lot of paint in
      it after each print and put it into a bucket & I put that into a big
      tub(from WalMart)and I let it dry on a covered porch until I can
      pick up the dried remains & I throw that into the trash.

      When I change the size: I take the part that is clean & transparent
      looking & pour it around one of my trees. I put the last dregs that
      I scrape off of the bottom of the tray into the WalMart tub & dry it
      out & then throw it into the trash.

      I wouldn't put this stuff down the drain. I think that it will
      restrict the water flow through the pipes eventually.