Re: Disposing Methylcel size

  • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
      Haha. No, don't think I can dump it in the toilet. Am afraid I would
      clog it up. 75 gallons is a lot of size!!! How big a piece do you do
      at a time?
    • susaglenn <sglenn@ctesc.net>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "manihunt <manihunt@y...>"
        <manihunt@y...> wrote:
        > How do you dispose of the methylcel size?

        Hi, I am using a tray that holds about 9 gallons of methylcel & I'm
        using acrylic paints. I skim off the glop that has a lot of paint in
        it after each print and put it into a bucket & I put that into a big
        tub(from WalMart)and I let it dry on a covered porch until I can
        pick up the dried remains & I throw that into the trash.

        When I change the size: I take the part that is clean & transparent
        looking & pour it around one of my trees. I put the last dregs that
        I scrape off of the bottom of the tray into the WalMart tub & dry it
        out & then throw it into the trash.

        I wouldn't put this stuff down the drain. I think that it will
        restrict the water flow through the pipes eventually.