Re: [Marbling] Disposing Methylcel size

  • Gail MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2003

    • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
        Haha. No, don't think I can dump it in the toilet. Am afraid I would
        clog it up. 75 gallons is a lot of size!!! How big a piece do you do
        at a time?
      • susaglenn <sglenn@ctesc.net>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "manihunt <manihunt@y...>"
          <manihunt@y...> wrote:
          > How do you dispose of the methylcel size?

          Hi, I am using a tray that holds about 9 gallons of methylcel & I'm
          using acrylic paints. I skim off the glop that has a lot of paint in
          it after each print and put it into a bucket & I put that into a big
          tub(from WalMart)and I let it dry on a covered porch until I can
          pick up the dried remains & I throw that into the trash.

          When I change the size: I take the part that is clean & transparent
          looking & pour it around one of my trees. I put the last dregs that
          I scrape off of the bottom of the tray into the WalMart tub & dry it
          out & then throw it into the trash.

          I wouldn't put this stuff down the drain. I think that it will
          restrict the water flow through the pipes eventually.