Disposing Methylcel size

  • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2003
      How do you dispose of the methylcel size?
    • Gail MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2003

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
          Haha. No, don't think I can dump it in the toilet. Am afraid I would
          clog it up. 75 gallons is a lot of size!!! How big a piece do you do
          at a time?
        • susaglenn <sglenn@ctesc.net>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "manihunt <manihunt@y...>"
            <manihunt@y...> wrote:
            > How do you dispose of the methylcel size?

            Hi, I am using a tray that holds about 9 gallons of methylcel & I'm
            using acrylic paints. I skim off the glop that has a lot of paint in
            it after each print and put it into a bucket & I put that into a big
            tub(from WalMart)and I let it dry on a covered porch until I can
            pick up the dried remains & I throw that into the trash.

            When I change the size: I take the part that is clean & transparent
            looking & pour it around one of my trees. I put the last dregs that
            I scrape off of the bottom of the tray into the WalMart tub & dry it
            out & then throw it into the trash.

            I wouldn't put this stuff down the drain. I think that it will
            restrict the water flow through the pipes eventually.