Re: [Marbling] Re: Createx Paints

  • Gail MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2003
      > About PH, if I increase it for the mc mix, how will it affect the
      > other colors?
      >
      > Does your red turn pink too after printing the pattern?
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      You are increasing the PH of the methyl cel mix to closer match the PH of
      the createx colors. Go for about 8.5. But, you can experiment. Anywhere
      from 6 to 9. Whatever gives you the best results and stops the black from
      being grainy...remember about adding some of the deep blue to the black for
      better color saturation. The hardness of your water will also make a
      difference. Also, be sure that the temperature of your pigments is the same
      as the methyl cel mix...or pretty close. Old methyl cel will also cause the
      black to break up and be grainy.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 24, 2003
        Usually a red turning pink when you print is because the color is heavier
        than the water. Thin it out or dispersant added may help keep more of the
        true color afloat....especially true of cad.reds. High specific gravity.
        Just my humble experience. Learned the hard way :-(

        I have also had trouble with Createx.
        Iris Nevins
        www.marblingpaper.com