Re: Marbling books

  • mpmh60201 <milena@interaccess.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, marie-p@d... wrote:
      > hello all,
      > i am writing to inquire if anyone has seen either laura sims book,
      'marbling easy & elegant projects for paper & fabric' or hikmet
      barutcugil's book 'the dream of water, ebru, the living tradition.'
      > i'd also like to know the title of marie ange doizy's new book and
      if anyone has seen it.

      > thanks,
      > marie

      I have a signed copy of Hikmet's beautiful book, given to me as gift
      at the 2002 conference. He has revealed many great secrets and shares
      his vast knowledge of Ebru. It's a treasured "keeper" for sure,
      appealing to the senses and full of happiness! -M
    • James M Mahoney
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2003
        I purchased a copy of Laura's new book from her last October, and I found
        it to be EXCELLENT! I read it cover to cover and I consider it a very
        complete book. She is very precise and concise, explains completely, her
        directions are excellent. What can I say except that I have recommended
        it highly to my students (and one of my students who bought it told me
        she thought it was great). I would say I wish it had been available when
        I started marbling, except I was fortunate enough to learn from Laura
        herself (and Patty and Mimi)! Thanks, Laura, for such a great book!!!

        Monita Mahoney