Marbling books

  • marie-p@despammed.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
      hello all,
      i am writing to inquire if anyone has seen either laura sims book, 'marbling easy & elegant projects for paper & fabric' or hikmet barutcugil's book 'the dream of water, ebru, the living tradition.'
      i'd also like to know the title of marie ange doizy's new book and if anyone has seen it.

      thanks,
      marie
    • mpmh60201 <milena@interaccess.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, marie-p@d... wrote:
        > hello all,
        > i am writing to inquire if anyone has seen either laura sims book,
        'marbling easy & elegant projects for paper & fabric' or hikmet
        barutcugil's book 'the dream of water, ebru, the living tradition.'
        > i'd also like to know the title of marie ange doizy's new book and
        if anyone has seen it.

        > thanks,
        > marie

        I have a signed copy of Hikmet's beautiful book, given to me as gift
        at the 2002 conference. He has revealed many great secrets and shares
        his vast knowledge of Ebru. It's a treasured "keeper" for sure,
        appealing to the senses and full of happiness! -M
      • James M Mahoney
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2003
          I purchased a copy of Laura's new book from her last October, and I found
          it to be EXCELLENT! I read it cover to cover and I consider it a very
          complete book. She is very precise and concise, explains completely, her
          directions are excellent. What can I say except that I have recommended
          it highly to my students (and one of my students who bought it told me
          she thought it was great). I would say I wish it had been available when
          I started marbling, except I was fortunate enough to learn from Laura
          herself (and Patty and Mimi)! Thanks, Laura, for such a great book!!!

          Monita Mahoney