Wood marbling / type of paint

  • djensonn <djensonn@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
      Hi:

      My name is Fernando and i am new. I am from Argentina. I would like
      to do some experimentation with wood marbling. What are the best
      paints to use: oil, water, acrylic?
      Do i have to apply shellac before marbling?
      thanks a lot
      god bless you
      FErnando
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2003
        I would use unfinished wood treated with alum solution. Then marble with
        acrylics, then shellac after it is dry if you wish. If you shellac before
        it will prevent the paint from sticking.