society of marbling newsletter

  • marie-p@despammed.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      hello all and happy holidays,
      i apologize for not getting this out sooner but have had a bit of a time figuring out how to post messages from this email account.

      we now have 106 members in the society of marbling. i am gearing up for the newsletter which i expect to send by the end of january. although all the presenters had been asked to submit a summary of their presentations, so far we have only one. the deadline for submission was december 1. i am extending that deadline to january 15. please get those in.

      i would also like to ask EVERYONE else to please, please please submit articles. i know all of you would like to see more than one article. this is your newsletter and it will only be as interesting as you make it. some ideas for articles: anything about the conference in tennessee, marbling on handmade papers (the messages on the yahoo group have been quite interesting), interesting experiences with marbling experiments, teaching, etc. these articles do not need to be long. as can be seen on the yahoo message posts, every one of you has interesting things to say and important information to share. remember, many of the society members are not hooked up to the internet and do not have the opportunity to share in all the wonderful dialogs. any of the topics discussed on the web would make great articles. how about volunteering to transcribe one of the dialog topics that interests you for the newsletter? to submit an article please see the easy submission guidelines be!
      low.

      i am also planning on putting an announcement column in the newsletter so if you have a class, an exhibition, kudos, books or supplies for sale, general proclamations or any other announcement that is relevant any time during the entire next year through february 2004 please let me know. see guidlines below.

      SUBMISSION GUIDELINES - new deadline is January 15, 2003

      to submit an article: please send a microsoft word document as an attachment to your email. if you are unable to do that then just send it to me as an email.

      to submit an announcement: if it is short just send me an email with the exact wording. if it is long please send it as a microsoft word document if you can.

      if you have anything else you would like to see in the newsletter please send that as a microsoft word document if possible. if not, then send it as an email.

      Let's keep the excitement of the conference and the momentum strong!

      looking forward to seeing lots of submissions,
      Marie Palowoda
      marie-p@...
      http://artistsregister.com/artists/CO419
    • marie-p@despammed.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2003
        greetings milena and all,

        i agree, milena, that the inner margin would have been better if made wider. it was either a wide margin with staples or the way it is with the protective cover. i think we can have both for the next issue, but for now, you can easily take the paper out of the slide binder and staple it for easier reading.

        we tried a smaller type (along with various typefaces) and decided that the one used was the easiest to read. i would love to have reduced the number of pages since i had to special order the larger slide binders at a considerable cost increase over the standard size. what do the rest of you think? smaller type?

        as far as 'catagorizing the articles' goes, i don't know what you mean, milena. i did include a table of contents page called 'In This Issue' complete with page numbers for each article.

        thanks again to all the contributors!
        marie

        Marbled Artworks by Marie Palowoda
        2605 W. 19th Street Road