Re: Digest Number 473

  • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
      No, I don't use any dispersant. I just use water to dilute the
      paints. How much does your paint spread? Or rather, how much is it
      supposed to spread? My first color seems to cover the whole area in
      just a few drops. Maybe that's what's making my red go light. Is it
      possible for you to send me a copy of one of your marbled pieces just
      to be sure? I don't live in the States, and hence can't call Dharma
      with enquiries, but will maybe e-mail them.

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah S. Harris" <deb@d...> wrote:
      > Yes I use the Airbrush colors. And I'm pretty sure the red is
      red. I'll
      > test it Sunday (my play-day). You might want to call Dharma Trading
      > (http://www.dharmatrading.com) and ask them - they're very
      knowledgeable. Do
      > you use the Createx dispursent?

    • Gail MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2002
        > Yes I use the Airbrush colors. And I'm pretty sure the red is red. I'll
        > test it Sunday (my play-day). You might want to call Dharma Trading
        > (http://www.dharmatrading.com) and ask them - they're very knowledgeable. Do
        > you use the Createx dispursent?
        >
        >> > From: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
        >> > Date: 10 Dec 2002 08:25:43 -0000
        >> > To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
        >> > Subject: [Marbling] Digest Number 473

        Hello everyone, I have been traveling and dealing with family..so, I¹ll
        just take a minute but I have a lot to say about Createx and everyone else¹s
        red for marbling. You can either put it down as the first or second color
        and then let all the other colors push it into a semblance of a good strong
        red. Or, you can try dropping it as the very last color if it doesn¹t
        spread beyond a golf ball¹s diameter. If it is too thick it will peel off.
        It has always been a tricky color. Usually Createx red is a slow spreader.
        I have been ³thinning² it with their magenta, or the interference lilac and
        even fluorescent orange. Their reds tend to go pinkish. Ruppert, Gibbon
        and Spider is coming out with a new line of Versatex airbrush which their
        are adapting especially for marbling. So far, the red is fantastic!! Best
        wishes, Gail