Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 473

  • Deborah S. Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2002
      Yes I use the Airbrush colors. And I'm pretty sure the red is red. I'll
      test it Sunday (my play-day). You might want to call Dharma Trading
      (http://www.dharmatrading.com) and ask them - they're very knowledgeable. Do
      you use the Createx dispursent?

    • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
        No, I don't use any dispersant. I just use water to dilute the
        paints. How much does your paint spread? Or rather, how much is it
        supposed to spread? My first color seems to cover the whole area in
        just a few drops. Maybe that's what's making my red go light. Is it
        possible for you to send me a copy of one of your marbled pieces just
        to be sure? I don't live in the States, and hence can't call Dharma
        with enquiries, but will maybe e-mail them.

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah S. Harris" <deb@d...> wrote:
        > Yes I use the Airbrush colors. And I'm pretty sure the red is
        red. I'll
        > test it Sunday (my play-day). You might want to call Dharma Trading
        > (http://www.dharmatrading.com) and ask them - they're very
        knowledgeable. Do
        > you use the Createx dispursent?

      • Gail MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2002
          > Yes I use the Airbrush colors. And I'm pretty sure the red is red. I'll
          > test it Sunday (my play-day). You might want to call Dharma Trading
          > (http://www.dharmatrading.com) and ask them - they're very knowledgeable. Do
          > you use the Createx dispursent?
          >
          >> > From: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
          >> > Date: 10 Dec 2002 08:25:43 -0000
          >> > To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
          >> > Subject: [Marbling] Digest Number 473

          Hello everyone, I have been traveling and dealing with family..so, I¹ll
          just take a minute but I have a lot to say about Createx and everyone else¹s
          red for marbling. You can either put it down as the first or second color
          and then let all the other colors push it into a semblance of a good strong
          red. Or, you can try dropping it as the very last color if it doesn¹t
          spread beyond a golf ball¹s diameter. If it is too thick it will peel off.
          It has always been a tricky color. Usually Createx red is a slow spreader.
          I have been ³thinning² it with their magenta, or the interference lilac and
          even fluorescent orange. Their reds tend to go pinkish. Ruppert, Gibbon
          and Spider is coming out with a new line of Versatex airbrush which their
          are adapting especially for marbling. So far, the red is fantastic!! Best
          wishes, Gail