[Marbling] What did I do wrong?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2002
      To avoid bubbles taks practice. Make sure the sheet is at least damp/limp.
      You also may not be allowing some dry time after aluming, if you alum and
      use it wet without pressing under boards a few minutes this will not allow
      the paint to adhere.

      Do not wring fabric, the marbling is a surface design and will rub off in
      spots where it is wrung. Just dip in a bucket of clean water, swish around,
      hang to dry. I have plastic cement mixing trays under to catch drips.

      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com
    • Ann Lederer
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2002
        How does one get into the archives for past topics? thanks...Ann
        Also, has anyone mixed marbling on silk and painting on silk? any advice of paints/dyes and techniques?
        irisnevins <irisnevins@...> wrote:To avoid bubbles taks practice. Make sure the sheet is at least damp/limp.
        You also may not be allowing some dry time after aluming, if you alum and
        use it wet without pressing under boards a few minutes this will not allow
        the paint to adhere.

        Do not wring fabric, the marbling is a surface design and will rub off in
        spots where it is wrung. Just dip in a bucket of clean water, swish around,
        hang to dry. I have plastic cement mixing trays under to catch drips.

        Iris Nevins
        www.marblingpaper.com

      • J Dolphin
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2002
          By archives I am simply refering to all the past postings. Titles on the
          posts themselves are the best indicators of the threads' subjects.
          Jill