[Marbling] Createx colors

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
      They may just have too much dispersant in the red. You may have to adjust
      all the other colors to work with the red my adding the appropriate
      dispersant for these paints. I don't use them, can't advise further, but
      this is usually the way to fix it.

      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com
    • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
        I don't use anything else except water. In fact the whole thing looks
        really pale compared to the original colors. Does one have to build
        up the paints on the surface to be able to get darker colors? What
        colors do you use?

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2002
          Try layering more color on. Use the red first so the other colors
          concentrate it. You still may need a dispersant.

          I use my own colors, many people use Golden acylics....I cannot elaborate
          on the, maybe others can. All paints are not the same. Each manufacturer
          has their own formulas, so for example all acrylics or all atercolors do
          not work the same for marbling.

          Iris Nevins
          www.marblingpaper.com