Createx colors

  • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
      Hi,
      Did some marbling first time today. I'm using the Createx Airbrush
      colors, but the red I've got does not turn out red at all. It goes
      pink (I'm mixing water to thin the colors a bit). Any suggestions on
      how to get red instead of pink?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
        They may just have too much dispersant in the red. You may have to adjust
        all the other colors to work with the red my adding the appropriate
        dispersant for these paints. I don't use them, can't advise further, but
        this is usually the way to fix it.

        Iris Nevins
        www.marblingpaper.com
      • manihunt <manihunt@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
          I don't use anything else except water. In fact the whole thing looks
          really pale compared to the original colors. Does one have to build
          up the paints on the surface to be able to get darker colors? What
          colors do you use?

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2002
            Try layering more color on. Use the red first so the other colors
            concentrate it. You still may need a dispersant.

            I use my own colors, many people use Golden acylics....I cannot elaborate
            on the, maybe others can. All paints are not the same. Each manufacturer
            has their own formulas, so for example all acrylics or all atercolors do
            not work the same for marbling.

            Iris Nevins
            www.marblingpaper.com